30.6.14

Addictive Addiction

Assalamualaikum,

Hai there people of the internet! It's been a while eh? Well, it's about time to write something since I've wasted money to buy this domain, so let's get started.

Ahh, Ramadhan, the time where you can see people suddenly becoming more Islamic, where they changed the usage of words like sahur and berbuka to suhoor and iftar. Anyway, that has nothing to do with what I'm trying to write today. To those who's not that close to me, I've developed a syndrome, an addiction, and to be honest, I'm not that down about it.

DOTA. yeap, you've read it correctly, I'm addicted to dota. Yes, I do know I have more to do outside than what I'm doing in front of the computer, playing a round of MOBA game that repeats itself again and again. I mean, I don't think it's a problem as long as you don't neglect your everyday routine.

It's simply a hobby. Some people do sports, some people likes to read, me? I play dota. It has come to a point that I basically watch other people's game, professional plays or just regular games, and thinking what would I do if I'm playing. Trying to figure out what went right and what went wrong in a game, or just simply enjoying the round casually.

With a hobby, there is bound to have money involve. Sure, dota is a free to play game, but it came with optional features such as cosmetics for the heroes, or for your player items, or extra features like the compendium books, and that is what makes the game interesting. I have to clear something out tho, I don't waste my money to the state where I can't manage myself. Tho I've spent like what, RM50 just to complete the plushies set?

I've also spent quite a bit on a mouse and keyboard so I can play better, erk, but that doesn't seem to help eh. Heh. Dota also creates a variety of job oppurtinities, from a dealer for both in game items or the necessary equipment to make yourself looks like a pro, to casting a game or holding/participating a tournament. With the largest prizepool of any e-sport tournament set to be played this July, I doubt that dota will not get the exposure it should have had years ago.

The community is also great. From twt_dota to the facebook groups and reddit thread, everything about the community is awesome. The simplest things will be discuss with seriousness, and that is fine. Yes, there is bound to be a black spot in the community like bashers and pinoy (opps), then again, so does in everything else. So yeah, that's about it.

Thanks for reading.
-WMA-

No comments: