23.3.15

Major All Stars (mostly about NiP tho.....)

Assalamualaikum and good day to all!

This is a special post I'm going to make, since right now, I'm in a very, very good mood. You see, from 20th March until 22nd March 2015, a DOTA2 tournament had been held here, in Malaysia, the place where I am!! Yes, DOTA2 is my passion, and I'm willing to do anything for it.

So let's look at the day by day review shall we?

DAY 1:

I first got there at around 8a.m., and there were a lot of people waiting outside of the tent, but what really surprised me was that, guess what, Ninjas in Pyjamas (NiP) players and their manager were standing there, with no one around. NiP is my fav team by the way. So I ran towards their star player, and show him my drawing.

Me : I drew Tiny, and won the ticket to come here!

Era: Really? May I see them?

Me: *shows him*

Era: THIS IS COOL MAN! Want to take a selfie?

Me: Yes!!

-Adrian "Era" Kryeziu, the friendliest player there is!-
-Me with Limmp, Jonassomfan, Handsken and Sealkid-
I was so surprised that they were so friendly. For the first day, it didn't turned out so well. More on that later, I was at the twt_dota booth, and SUDDENLY, 2 NiP players walked by, so more picture!

-Sealkid and Jonassomfan-
So the first game on the mainstage was Natus Vincere vs Invasion Gaming, during that time, I handed over my NiP mousepad to a friend who was working as a crew to asked them for signatures, since I didn't get a chance to do so before. Little did I know, the very same day, I was going to meet them again at the VIP section. (yeah, I bought the most expensive ticket, boohoo). It was worth it, I asked for their signs on my headphones next, and managed to have a small talk with them.

Me: You have just arrived from Sweden right? Aren't you jet-lagged?

Them: We are! In fact, we only got 3 hours of sleep last night, it's really tiring, we are scared that this will affect our performance.

Me: Just do your best, I'll support you with all I have!

Them: Thanks man, we're worried that we do not have any fans here you see. Apparently we're wrong.

Me: Yeah I was quite surprised as well that when I saw you outside, there were no one around you.

Them: It's normal, we really appreciate the support. We're not aiming for anything, but we'll do our best!

Me: Goodluck!

Then the inevitable happened. There were technical issues, and due to that, all matches have to be postponed. Of course I was angry at first, then I looked at Adrian, one of the organizer for this tournament, and I thought to myself, this is a huge tournament. Problems are expected. We don't actually know what's happening, but we just have to trust them. So we went home, in hope the tournament can be saved.

Later that night, Lehud (a friend) and I decided to do something special, will be revealed later :)

DAY 2:

Not gonna lie, all the bad stuffs that happened the day before, all are forgiven! The organizer turned it all around, with help from Mineski Events Team, they managed to recovered! Day 2 also is the day they started the official fan-signing session. Besides than that, the match pretty much went so well, I couldn't believe how awesome it turned out. Also, since I think there's nothing much to show you, I'll put this instead :p

-NiP mousepad with all the signatures-
Also, cosplays! Owh and, I sort of, kinda, maybe have been leading the cheers for NiP. Sorry if you guys finds it annoying at the stadium tho XD


-Crystal Maiden (her name's Amy btw)-

-My top hero! Windrager!-

-Item bug perhaps?-


-And also, 1vs1 tryout, I lost to Farid tho-
Results day 2.


  1. Na'Vi 2-0 Invasion
  2. Empire 2-0 Redemption
  3. iG 2-0 CSW
  4. NiP 2-1 Rave
  5. Empire 2-0 Na'Vi
  6. iG 2-0 NiP
  7. Invasion 1-0 CSW
  8. Redemption 1-0 Rave
  9. NiP 2-0 Invasion
  10. Navi 2-0 Redemption
DAY 3:

Three words - LINE SO LONG!

That's what happen when you do a fansigning session for Na'Vi. I mean, the line was so long, they had to go OUT of the stadium. Luckily  I waited early for it. Anyway, due to it, we only managed to get one signature per person, and only on one item. We were also not allowed to choose the player we want to sign for us. At first I was assigned to Goblak, but then, for some reason he pushed my item to Dendi. Who is Dendi? Probably the most recognizable DOTA2 player there is! I wanted to take a selfie with him, which he agrees to, but the security didn't. I was so guilty when Dendi asked for forgiveness. *sigh*

Anyway, here's the results

  1. NiP 2-1 Na'Vi
  2. Empire 2-1 NiP
  3. iG 2-1 Empire (GRAND FINALS YO)
-Invictus Gaming, your 1st Major All Stars champion!-




Managed to get lots and lots of pictures as well. During the NiP fansigning session, Handsken recognized me! I was so happy at that moment, I almost jumped out of joy. Also, managed to get a video for a friend of mine who can't make it due to exams. Thank you Era! You're seriously super cool.
video

-ERA!!!!-

-Zyori, wth Warlock (sick cosplay btw)-

-Demon Edge and Vanguard!-

-First Blood!-
-Who will win?-

-Gender Bender Bloodseeker! Also, she's an acquaintance! Thanks Nadiah, for being so cool!-


-Manager for NiP, Marie-

-Zyori with the Demon Edge-


Right, I mentioned the personal project right? This is it!


YEAP! A real life, fanmade, compedium! Well, sort of. It was quite hard to fill this book you see. With tight schedules and limited time, I think it's so worth it to only missed out on 9 out of the 40 players there are. Plus, I got bonus signatures! So I guess it's cool. Also, there was an after party, which I did attend but didn't stay long.

-NinjaBoogie! By far the weirdest player there is-

-Godz and Zyori from BeyondTheSummit. Awesome castings guys!-
I also had the chance to talk to Zyori.

Me : What do you think of the tournament?

Zyori : It's tiring. It gets so tiring, that you can't even feel that you are tired. Nevertheless, this is one of the best tournament I've casted. Definitely would want to do it again!

Me: How long will you be in Malaysia?

Zyori: My plane actually leaves at 8AM tomorrow, so yeah, no rest for me! 

Me: Woah that's fast!

Zyori : Yeah I guess so.

Me: What's the reason behind your in-game name?

Zyori: It means nothing to be honest. I was 13, and I wanted a cool nickname as well, and I made it up. It sounded asian, and I like it.

Me: I've been wanting to try out casting, what are your advice to the people who wants to be good as you at casting?

Zyori: Just practice. When I first started, I casted for around 20 hours or so before I finally got my confidence. I started out small for StarCraft for a while, and continue on for around 2 years to finally get any break through. With practice, you can easily do so too! Don't lose hope, just practice.

Me: Now for the most basic question there is. What do you think is best hero there is?

Zyori: Easy. Definitely Dazzle. He's just so underrated, people don't really notice what a great hero he is. With the minus armor, the shadow wave, and the grave he can support the team so well, you HAVE to admit no other heroes that can support a team like him. Witch Doctor is a good hero as well. Don't tell anyone this, I've been secretly practicing *bleeep* because he's just so fun to play with.

Me: I agree! That hero is so annoying. Anyway, thanks for spending your time Zyori, hope to see you again!

Zyori: No problem man. Yeah, I hope so too!


-Hanging out with the NiP bois!-
That's it bois and girls! Thanks for reading, I know there's a lot of stuffs that happened during this short 3 days event, but this is Malaysia's first ever DOTA2 event at this scale. If we don't support it, who else will? 

2 comments:

Fiddy said...

what a great experience , eventho i just read from ur blog , i can feel it too . so jealous of you.

NeS Yow said...

Thanks alot